Monday, October 17, 2011

Repressed Storage

I was finishing up my last stack of papers when a man with long brown hair and blue eyes came into my office. I welcomed him to sit and took a good look at him. This was the man that wanted to buy my storage lot. “What is your name Sir?”

“Mr. Shammah, Jehovah Shammah.”

“Interesting name, Why do you want my lot so badly?” No one knew what I stored in my vaults but me, if anyone knew what they held they would cringe. I was waiting for this man who ever he was to run screaming out of my office once I told him what I had.

“I collect repressed memories, it is my specialty.”

“How did you know I stored repressed memories here?”

“I do my research.” he smiled at me

Mr. Shammah said. I leaned back into my chair and sighed in relief. This man was actually interested in what I collected. It was kind of twisted to me that he collected repressed memories but I didn’t care. I was finally going to be free of this dastardly lot.

“Right, let us take a look then shall we?” I said getting up from my chair. We both left the office and walked around the lot for hours showing him the different sections and vaults in my lot. We entered the Anger section which held the creature Jealousy. I stood in front of the vault door and Jealousy roared and hissed like an angry cheetah. “This is Jealousy, Envy is over there and hatred is down the hallway. I wouldn’t come in here very often if I were you…there are many times that one of these creatures has busted out an attacked me.”

“I have seen worse.” He said.

We walked on to my Immorality section and there were cries of ecstasy and cat calling from the sexual immorality vault. “This is my Sexual Immorality vault, as you can hear by the calling, I have been here many times…they know me too well.”

“I have heard worse.”

Lastly I showed him my Guilt section and there were loud cries of sorrow and utter despair coming from all the vault doors. The cries were so loud I had to shout over them. “This is my Guilt section,this vault has accumulated and I have reduced to putting some in cages. You have Depression, Hurt, Sadness…And Despair is the loudest around here. There are many nights I have laid awake at night feeling the burden of the guilt. This section of the vault in particular is impenetrable, but they always seem to find a way out.”

“I have felt worse.” We both exited the vault.

“Who are you anyway sir?”

“Sarah, don’t you recognize me?”

“No…”

“Its me Jesus, your Savior.”

“But your name-“

“Jehovah Shammah, the one who is always present. Sarah I was there when you walked the halls of this wretched place. I have felt your pain, your guilt and your sorrow. You cried out to me one day to tell me that you couldn’t take it anymore…I am here to take this place away.”

I paused for a minute and then I knew he was telling me the truth. He was the one I had cried out to all these years of my life.

“Jesus? is it really you?” I embraced him wanting to never let go.

“Can I take this Lot off your hands My daughter? I promise you will never see it again.” I handed him the ring of keys from my pocket.

“Its all yours.”

Lady Angelo.

No comments:

Post a Comment